Within the Discussion Board area, write 400–600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
Now that the ERD is created, and as you are working on the logical model, you need to choose an RDBMS for the final solution. Using the method for DBMS selection, analyze 3 different DBMS products available and make a determination about which product you will recommend to management for selection. (One of the databases to analyze must be MySQL).
Using the vendors’ Web sites, determine a rating for the following features, and calculate a final score for each:
Operating System Choice and Requirements
Ease of Use/Training Requirements
Ease of Data Model Creation
Distributed Database Support
Based on your analysis, which database product will you recommend, and why?
As you are designing and developing the database, you think to the future and want to be able to grow the database as required, not only expanding the data model as needed, but also in the event that the company wants to open remote data centers and have replicated copies of the data. Describe distributed databases and how they might be used.
Your post should include the following details:
- A completed template for 3 different database products (1 of them being MySQL)
- Comments must be supplied
- A recommendation for a DBMS, including a justification
- A description of distributed databases
Responses to Other Students: Respond to at least 2 of your fellow classmates with a reply of at least 100 words about their primary task response regarding items you found to be compelling and enlightening. To help you with your discussion, please consider the following questions:
- What did you learn from your classmate’s posting?
- What additional questions do you have after reading the posting?
- What clarification do you need regarding the posting?
- What differences or similarities do you see between your posting and other classmates’ postings?