See feedback from instructor to correct Unit III PPT first. Then add the rest of the following. Art Gallery: Principles of Design For Unit IV of your art gallery presentation, you will be adding de
See feedback from instructor to correct Unit III PPT first. Then add the rest of the following.
Art Gallery: Principles of Design
For Unit IV of your art gallery presentation, you will be adding descriptions of the principles of design you observe in the artworks you placed in your art gallery. The purpose of this unit assignment is to demonstrate that you can apply what you learned about design principles to your gallery artworks.
- Begin by reviewing your Unit III feedback and making any necessary revisions to the descriptions of the visual elements.
- Next, research the design elements in Chapter 4 of your textbook.
- Place the Design Principles slide directly after the Visual Elements slide describing each artwork.
- Provide a detailed description of the design principles in each artwork, using full and complete sentences. For design principles, make sure you describe how the artist used most or all of the ones in Chapter 4: unity and variety, balance, emphasis, directional forces, contrast, repetition and rhythm, and scale and proportion. Questions to consider are included below:
- Unity: what elements work together to make a harmonious whole?
- Variety: What creates diversity?
- Balance: Is it symmetrical or asymmetrical?
- Emphasis: What is the focal point?
- Directional forces: What are the paths for the eye to follow?
- Contrast: Where do you see contrasting elements in the artwork?
- Repetition and rhythm: Is an element repeated?
- Scale and proportion: Are the objects in proportion to each other?
- You do not need to cite a source if it is your observation. Only cite a source if you are using information that someone published. Be sure to use APA formatting for all outside sources.
- Please submit your full presentation thus far, which should include the previous updated segments and the segment for this unit.
- This segment must include a minimum of five PowerPoint slides.
***Also, please write about each principle in a full and complete sentence.
Unity/Variety – Is everything is the artwork similar or unified? Or is there diversity?Balance – Is there balance? Does one side appear visually heavier than the other?Emphasis and Subordination – What is the focus of the artwork? Why do you feel that is?Directional Forces – How does your eye move around the work of art? Describe the path your eye takes through the work as you view it.Contrast – Is there a juxtaposition of opposites? This can be a contrast of color, or texture, or line, etc. Repetition and Rhythm – Is there a pattern or movement in the artwork?Scale and Proportion – Does the size or proportion change how you think about the artwork?