Prior to beginning work on this discussion,
- Read Chapter 1.2: Purposes and Types of Assessment
- Read Chapter 5: Placement, Diagnostic, and Formative Assessment
- Read Chapter 6: Summative Assessment
- Choose one of the following websites or use Microsoft Word to create your infographic for this discussion:
- Piktochart (Links to an external site.)
- Venngage (Links to an external site.)
- Canva (Links to an external site.)
As you read Chapters 1.2, 5, and 6 in your text, take notes that helps you identify the following:
- What are the four types of assessments?
- What are the purposes for each type of assessment? When are they typically used in teaching?
- What are some specific examples of each type of assessment?
Write (Post Initial Response by Thursday, Day 3)
Complete the following:
- Create an infographic using one of the links provided in the “Prepare” section of the discussion prompt. In your infographic, include the following (be sure this is all in your own words, you are paraphrasing what you have read):
- A description of each type of assessment: Placement, Diagnostic, Formative, and Summative
- The purposes for each type of assessment and when it is used within instruction
- Two to three examples of each type of assessment
- Share your infographic by providing a link in the discussion thread or attaching your Microsoft Word document. Double-check that your link accesses your infographic.
- Provide a reflection based on the following question:
- Which type of assessment (placement, diagnostic, formative, or summative) do you think is most important with regards to student learning? Provide specific reasoning for your choice by making reference to your readings.