PLEASE READ CAREFULLY HELP- CULTURAL DIVERSITY SCENARIO-APA
Cultural Diversity Scenario (Case Study) Assignment (Worth 10% of Final Grade)
Complete and Submit Written Assignment by 2/10, 11:59pm(est).
Submit your paper through Turnitin assignment dropbox area (Failure to do so will cause a “0” numeric grade).
Complete the following written assignment given the scenario (case study) provided. The written assignment is worth 100 points (10%) of your course grade. A minimum of TWO (2) references are required. References can come from a refereed journal article, course textbook, and or a creditable Internet source.
The assignment must be typed on a Word Document with size 12 font, font names that should be used are Times New Roman or Calabria (not both), normal margins (no more than 1 inch), double spaced. This assignment must be in APA format.
The assignment requires 2-5 pages (Excluding Title and Reference Page).
Scenario (case study)
You are the leadership team at your elementary (K-5) school (principal, assistant principal, guidance counselor, and grade level chairs). At the close of the past school year, you learned that your school will have its first wave of Bosnian immigrants attending your school this coming fall; these 30 students will be relatively evenly distributed among your six grades, with four to seven students in each class. Your average class size is 25, so these students comprise approximately 20% of each class. In the past, you have had no students in your school from countries or backgrounds other than the U.S. This will be a brand new experience for your students, your faculty and staff, you, and the community.
The following should be included in your assignment.
A. Title Page:
- Student Name (First and Last), Student Panther ID Number and Title
B. Plan (Body of Paper):
- Develop a plan that will address the following:
Discuss the following:
- Suggestions for “educating” your faculty/staff over the summer concerning the Bosnian culture, how that culture is different from ours, and the types of experiences these children might have encountered in the immigrant camps.
- Suggestions and discussion for coping with the challenges these students will present to faculty/staff during the upcoming year. Be sure to include approaches to assessment (assignments, exams, etc.) and any curricular adaptations that might have to be made.
- Suggest and discuss TWO ways to capitalize on this “opportunity” to engage the faculty/staff/students/community.
C. Conclusion: Discuss the following:
- Benefits of having others “not like us” as the focus
- How this experience increases our individual/collective worth in contributing to a globalize world (begin with defining the phrase “culturally competent”)
- Provide a separate References page of the sources used for your written assignment (APA format).
- Two references are required. You can use the course textbook, articles and or any credible resource, etc. as an additional references. Make sure you cite your sources whenever paraphrasing or directly quoting someone else’s work.
For this assignment the body of your paper should be a minimum of 2-5 full pages (excludes title and reference pages). Each paragraph should consist of 4-6 complete sentences. The assignment must be typed on a Word Document with size 12 font, font names that should be used are Times New Roman or Calabria (not both), normal margins (no more than 1 inch), double spaced. This assignment must be in APA format. The assignment requires 2-5 pages (Excluding Title and Reference Page).