Part 1: Reflect on Ethical, Legal, and Political Factors Instructions For this assignment, you will reflect on the ethical, legal, and political factors that ID leaders believe influence the field of
Part 1: Reflect on Ethical, Legal, and Political Factors
For this assignment, you will reflect on the ethical, legal, and political factors that ID leaders believe influence the field of ID now and in the future.
To prepare for your assignment, complete the following tasks as early in the week as you are able:
- Create a Twitter account if you do not already have one. (https://help.twitter.com/en/create-twitter-account)
- After you have created your Twitter account, introduce yourself in the Instructional Design Community of Practice (ID CoP). Your introduction should include your name, your degree program (MSID), your Twitter name (“handle”), and other personal or professional information you are comfortable sharing.
- Identify on Twitter at least one known author, researcher, or professional in the field of ID. You are looking for someone who references or utilizes a specific ID model or general best practices in ID. Use this week’s resources as a guide to search for at least one these ID leaders; if you are still having trouble, contact your professor as early in the week as possible. To search for individuals on Twitter, type their name into the Twitter search bar near the upper right corner of your screen. You may want to identify more than one individual in case one individual is unable to respond to your question in time for you to complete your assignment. While you are welcome to follow other students on Twitter, another student at NCU cannot serve as your “leader” for this assignment.
- Ask your selected leader(s) what the most important ethical, legal, or political factor affecting the ID field is now or in the future. You can ask this question by Tweeting your question to the leader(s) using the ampersand (@) symbol before the leader’s Twitter name (also known as a “handle”).
- Take a screen capture of your question to this leader.
With your assignment, be sure to:
- Explain why you chose this particular leader.
- Describe the leader’s responses to your question about the most important ethical, legal, or political factors affecting the ID field now or in the future.
- Compare your selected leader’s responses about the field with those from this week’s resources or other professional sources (remember to cite those sources).
- Reflect on your identified leader’s responses and the relevant literature to which you compared the leader’s responses.
- Suggest what you think is the most important ethical, legal, or political factor(s) affecting the ID field now or in the future, based on your reflection.
- Include a link to your introduction in the ID CoP as well as screenshots of your Twitter interactions with your selected expert(s) within an appendix or as individual pictures at relevant points within your document.
It may take a week or more to receive a response, if at all, to any questions that you pose. At least once a week, you should use Twitter for interaction. If your chosen professional doesn’t Tweet back to you, choose another professional. You will circle back with a summary and analysis of your interactions in Week 7.
Length: 3-4 pages plus screenshots.
References: Include a minimum of 2 scholarly resources
Your paper should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts that are presented in the course and provide new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect graduate-level writing and APA standards. Be sure to adhere to Northcentral University’s Academic Integrity Policy.
Part 2:Analyze Needs Analysis Case Study
Needs assessment is typically the initial starting point for many ID projects. For this assignment, you will conduct a needs assessment based on a case study. Create a presentation to share your findings from analyzing the needs assessment presented in the Needs Analysis Case Study (located in Books and Resources). In your presentation, be sure to:
- Identify the problems and issues within the case study using the guiding questions provided throughout the case.
- Categorize each problem or issue as instructional or non-instructional. Remember that you are searching for instructional problems. However, not all problems are instructional in nature. Sometimes, the problem cannot be solved by the systematic design of instruction.
- Suggest a potential solution to each instructional problem and issue you identified; note that case studies often do not have easy solutions and often there are no right or wrong answers. Your explanation of the answers to the questions and the potential solution is what constitutes the best answer.
- Support your suggestions with information from this week’s resources or other credible sources.
Length: 8-10 slides, with 100- to 150-word explanation in the speaker notes section of each slide
References: minimum of 4 credible resources.
Incorporate appropriate narration, animations, transitions, and graphics as well as speaker notes for each slide. The speaker notes may be comprised of brief paragraphs or bulleted lists. Review the “Creating a Successful PowerPoint Presentation” document in the resources for additional assistance in completing this assignment.
Be sure to include citations for quotations and paraphrases with references in APA format and style where appropriate. Save the file as PPT with the correct course code information.
Upload your document and click the Submit to Dropbox button. Do not share your assignment in the ID CoP or elsewhere.
Attached is the Needs Assessment Presentation