Researchers at Underwriter Laboratories have been conducting research with fire service professionals to better understand fire safety and implement effective and innovative firefighting tactics. For this week’s Assignment review the research conducted by Underwriters Laboratories and National Institute of Standards and Technology to prepare a team presentation.
Your team will create a 12–15 slide PowerPoint presentation incorporating speaker notes outlining the following:
- Describe a minimum of three concepts of flow paths.
- Explain how understanding four areas of flow paths enhances the understanding of fire behavior.
- Describe how flow paths impact three areas of fire ground operations.
- Describe a minimum of three safety considerations as they relate to flow paths and interior operations.
- Outline a minimum of four major tactical changes/considerations resulting from information gained regarding flow paths.