his week can be sensitive subject as we delve into learning about the use of cannabis in our patients. Please know this module is not meant to sway your opinion on its use but to offer information and
his week can be sensitive subject as we delve into learning about the use of cannabis in our patients. Please know this module is not meant to sway your opinion on its use but to offer information and knowledge in order to better care for patients.
Discussion: Please be respectful of differing opinions this week.
- First, describe the difference between cannabidiol (CBD) and Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC).
- Second, Project CBD at https://www.projectcbd.org/guidance/conditions lists several conditions which CBD is known to help.
- Research one (1) condition and explain the findings of your research related to how CBD is shown in the literature to alleviate symptoms (be sure to cite literature, and not just give opinions).
Assignment This week’s assignment is an APA paper of 1000 words with a required 3 sources used throughout the paper – cited and referenced correctly in APA. Rubric is for an APA Essay – found in the Assignment Upload link in the lower right corner– please review. Remember correct APA must have the title page, intro, body of the paper with Level headings (listed below), the conclusion, reference page.
Cannabis in Healthcare
Cannabis and the Body (Explain how cannabis works in the body by including information regarding the endocanabinoid system (ECS) and endocannabinoid deficiency syndrome.
- Choose four different delivery routes patients can use with cannabis.
- Describe each delivery routes
- Explain the onset of action for each route
- Explain one pro for each route
- Explain one con for each route