Assignment 2: Investigations and Laboratory Services Create a Microsoft PowerPoint presentation (10–15 slides not including title and sources slides) that shows the processes involved in investigating
Assignment 2: Investigations and Laboratory Services
Create a Microsoft PowerPoint presentation (10–15 slides not including title and sources slides) that shows the processes involved in investigating different fire scenes and utilizing laboratory services.
In the presentation:
- Focus on the evidence collected at these fire scenes.
- Discuss how this evidence should be collected and why it should be preserved.
- Assess three or more different types of laboratory services that are utilized in the investigation process.
- Make sure to use photographs to show the different types of containers that may be used for evidence collection.
- Identify which samples from the fire scenes you would send to a laboratory for analysis and the type of laboratory services that should be used to analyze these samples.
- Be sure to cite your sources.
Note: The Assignment will require outside research. Use at least two credible sources beyond the text material and discuss how you evaluated the credibility of the resources used.
In addition to fulfilling the specifics of the Assignment, you should format your presentation in accordance with the following guidelines:
- 10-15 slide minimum (excluding title and reference slides).
- Use one basic slide design and layout.
- Use charts and graphs as needed.
- Limit slides to between six and eight lines of content.
- Use bullets for your main points.
- Use speaker notes to fully explain what is being discussed in the bullet points as though you are presenting to an audience. To learn more about using speaker notes, open PowerPoint and press F1. In the search box, type “create notes” and press Enter. The related topics on notes appear.
- The presentation should contain a title slide and reference slide with a list of references in APA style. On the references slide, in the speaker notes, discuss how you evaluated the credibility of the resources used.
- All internal citation of outside sources plus the listing of all references should also adhere to APA style.