Assessment of Interdisciplinary Studies
- Chapter 6 discusses the value of interdisciplinary studies in terms of curriculum planning and improvement. Search for the latest research on interdisciplinary studies and see if you can find articles or research studies on how schools and/or school districts have tried to implement this concept.
- Do you feel that interdisciplinary studies are practical in today’s schools, especially with the emphasis on state testing?
- Given your answer from last week, do you think that your subject and grade would be a good candidate to include in a new, interdisciplinary unit? Why or why not?
- Explain your reasoning to these two questions and post at least 1 article from the past 2 years that supports your answer.
- Respond to at least one of your classmates.
- Determine at least 2 ways to overcome the issues that your classmate posted.
- Support your reasoning with at least one quality article from the past year.