Each response 400 words
Answer these essay questions:
- Using the notion of style from the introduction, select a well-known piece of art from a well-known artist where others have written and claimed that the artist was influenced by other artists. Summarize these influences and provide concrete examples that you believe supports the claim.
- Based on your reading, attack or defend the following assertion and provide concrete examples with analysis to support your position.
- “One first must understand and develop skill with a media of expression before it is possible to actually produce ‘art’, otherwise it is not ‘art’, it is an ‘accident’, even if it happens to be attractive.”
- Identify a piece of two-dimensional art (including photography) that has had a real impact on you. Use the Sample Outline and Critical Analysis from the end of Chapter Two to analyze the piece. Be sure to include details about what it is that impacts you.
- Identify a piece of sculpture (including jewelry) that is particularly attractive or compelling to you. Use the Sample Outline and Critical Analysis from the end of Chapter Two to analyze and characterize the piece. Be sure to include details about what it is that makes the piece attractive (e.g. aesthetically pleasing) or compelling (e.g. functionally effective in how it causes an effect) to you using the aspects introduced in the text.
- Use the Internet to explore “calligraphy”. Based on your reading, attack or defend the following assertion and provide concrete examples to support your position.
- “If your goal is to have a real and meaningful impact, legible handwritten writing is not enough.”