This week, you will explore controversial artwork. Choose 1 of the following works to use to discuss the topic of controversy and art:
- Richard Serra’s Tilted Arc,1981
- Chris Ofili’s The Holy Virgin Mary, 1996
- Erik Raveloâs Children On the Cross or Los Intocables series, 2013
- Judy Chicagoâs Dinner Table, 1974â1979
- Banksyâs Rat with a Camera, 2005
Copy the image directly to the DB area, and add the artistâs name, title of the artwork, materials used, and the year created.Respond to the following:
- Explain why the work was viewed as controversial at the time.
- Explain how the art you chose prompted social change or awareness.
- What are your thoughts on censorship in the arts?