Architecture Around You Paper (Week 5)
· Explore the architecture around you with an eye to design elements, decorative style,materials, form, function, and other artistic features.
· Select an architectural construction—a home in your neighborhood, a commercial building downtown, or a public building—that you find compelling or interesting. It may be any building, as long as it is located in your area.
· Photograph the building and save the image as a JPG image file no larger than 5MB. If you do not have a camera, you may find an image online and provide a link.
· Write a 350- to 700-word paper that analyzes your selected architectural construction. Your paper should include the image of the construction (or a link), and it should answer the following questions:
- Identify the building’s design elements. What decorative style is used?
- Does the building make use of any interesting technology or techniques (for example, sustainable design)?
- What values or needs does this architectural work reflect?
· Format your paper consistent with to APA guidelines. Remember to include captions on images included with paper.