Watch Frontline “The Meth Epidemic” online: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/view/
And write up a summary of what you learned. Make sure to include the answers to the following:
- What is the main ingredient in street meth? Where is “ingredient” it made?
- What is the DEA doing to slow down production of street meth?
- Explain how street purity of meth relates to increasing and decreasing levels of abuse and addiction in the population. What impacted the street meth purity, what made it rise and fall twice in the 1990’s.
- What is the “Oregon solution?”. How did it change meth manufacture in Oregon?
- Where is this Oregon solution being implemented and why is it not being used everywhere in the US?