Explore the websites in the assigned readings for the week. In addition, using the GCU Library databases, find credible, peer-reviewed articles that focus on laws and educating children with disabilities.
Locate a minimum of five articles and develop a digital presentation of at least 10-15 slides that includes:
- A definition of the meaning of adequate progress as it relates to students receiving special education services.
- Court cases that have addressed this subject.
- How school districts measure adequate progress for all students, including those with special education needs.
- How school districts are held accountable for demonstrating growth and educational benefit.
- Concerns and challenges that may arise regarding adequate progress in the schools for individuals with special education needs.
- Provide a brief summary of the differences between No Child Left Behind and the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA).
- Describe how you as a teacher will keep documentation to determine adequate progress for your students.
Be sure to include a title slide, reference slide, and presenter’s notes. Support your findings with a minimum of two scholarly resources.