1. Read the scenario below to inform the assignment: You are working in an early childhood program at your local daycare. One day you are approached by a mother who has a 6-month-old baby girl named
1. Read the scenario below to inform the assignment:
You are working in an early childhood program at your local daycare. One day you are approached by a mother who has a 6-month-old baby girl named Kaylee. The mother is concerned that she does not know how and when her baby should be developing. She is seeking your advice about developmental milestones that her child should experience from now until entering kindergarten and what she can do to assist her baby in reaching these milestones in the areas of nutrition, health, and safety.
Write a 750-1,000 word narrative informing the mother the different developmental milestones, including brain development, which her child should go through from ages 6 months to 5 years. Include guidance on how she can promote development successfully, especially focusing on the areas of nutrition, health, and safety.
In addition, include 3-5 resources for the mother that depict both typical and atypical development and help to explain how nutrition, health, and safety can promote healthy brain development, for future reference.
While APA format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
2. As a teacher you will have many students and they will all come with a different story. Environmental factors and health care will look different in each one of the students. It is very important to identify and address the diverse needs without stereotyping the child.
Part 1: Class Profile Analysis
Analyze the “Class Profile,” paying specific attention to environmental and cultural factors related to the following areas:
· Parental involvement
· Socioeconomic status
· English language learners
· Medical issues
In 500-750 words, summarize the strengths and needs of the class in relation to the above factors and share how this data will guide you in your lesson planning and communication and collaboration with families.
Part 2: Lesson Plan Adaptation
Analyze the “Healthy Living Lesson Plan” and consider how you could differentiate the lesson activity based on the needs and strengths of the class depicted in the “Class Profile.” Complete the “Healthy Living Lesson Plan” by including differentiation for the following groups of students:
· English language learners
· Students with special needs
· Students with gifted abilities
· Specific needs depicted in the “Class Profile”
Below the “Healthy Living Lesson Plan,” describe in 250-500 words how you would differentiate the lesson activity for typical and atypical development and explain your reasoning.
Submit your analysis and lesson plan adaption as one submission.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.